HOW WE HELP
Today, with the rise in suicide rates, divorce rates, and increasing financial hardships, many of our U.S. Troops and their families need our support. Here are the harsh realities: 2 Million service members have been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.
- Over 40,000 have suffered injuries.
- Combat Stress is very high for our military because of increased fighting and repeated deployments with long separations from their families.
- Divorce Rates among enlisted soldiers has nearly doubled to over 30,000 per year.
- Suicide Rates for returning military personnel far exceeds the civilian population.
We are making a difference by providing the following programs:
- WELCOME HOME PACKAGES: The Welcome Home Packages are designed to be given to military personnel when they return from oversees to encourage them and to show their country supports them. We want to give our troops praise for a job well done. We provide them with welcome home letters and a package of over 23 items including snacks, energy drinks, toiletries, etc. The troops just love these!
- DEPLOYED FAMILY ASSISTANCE PACKAGES: The Deployed Family Assistance Package is designed to relieve some of the financial burden placed on the families of deployed soldiers. While the soldiers are put in harm’s way, the families at home are making huge sacrifices as well. The Deployed Family Assistance Package is designed to help lift the financial burden on these military families by providing them with over 33 everyday essentials that a family needs to survive. Additionally, we also include letters of encouragement from you to let our soldiers families know that their sacrifices are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed. Not only do our active duty soldiers appreciate this gesture, but it allows them to focus on the job at hand by easing some of the financial burden.
- VETERANS PROGRAMS: As our Veterans transition from the “war front” to the “home front,” recovery time becomes very important because war time does not end when the war heroes return home. These heroes and their families need emotional and financial support and help is made available through the Support U.S. Armed Forces veterans programs which include transition camps, PTSD Camps, and recognition ceremonies.
- MILITARY APPRECIATION EVENTS: “There is nothing quite as “American” as a night away, the thrill of a Sporting Event, all while supporting the men and women who protect our freedom – it’s just an unbeatable combination. We provide opportunities for the military, their families, and our veterans to attend Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, and other sporting events and recognize them for their service and sacrifice to our Great Nation.